South-East European Exhibition on Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Date: 5-7 April 2016
Sequence: 12th edition
Organizer: Via Expo
Venue: Sofia, Inter Expo Center
Working hours for visitors: 5 – 6 April: 10.00 – 18.00 h.; 7 April: 10.00 – 17.00 h.
The EE & RE Exhibition puts on display a great set of existing energy technologies and it is a starting point for the launch of innovative products. It facilitates the development of energy sector and encourages the large-scale usage of energy-saving solutions in South-East Europe.
The 2016 Edition at a Glance
- Direct exhibitors from Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal and the Netherlands. Finding distributors and launching new products are the main aim for them to take part.
- For 7th year in a row there will be an Austrian Pavilion.
- Innovative isolation systems, energy storage devices, energy-saving HVAC equipment, systems for renewable energy production, cogeneration, etc. will be among the exhibition highlights.
EE & RE 2015
- Austrian Pavilion
- Norwegian and Italian Group Participations were realized for the first time.
- Visitors from 39 counties visited the Exhibition and the parallel events.
- The products which captivated their interest were energy saving lighting, biogas installations and technologies, ‘made in Bulgaria’ PV systems which can be applied in dynamic city architecture, as well as in agriculture and road infrastructure, solar thermal system with patented safe-proof sun tracking mechanics, prototype of wind turbine with unique high efficiency, etc.
The opportunities and perspectives of the SE European market
Security of energy supply, fast climate change, strong economic and social benefits have prompted many countries in South-East Europe to diversify their energy mix and to reduce the import of fossil fuels, keeping money circulation within the regional economy.
The Region has a great potential for utilization of the renewables. Well-developed agriculture and forestry industries, availability of organic waste are a prerequisite for biogas, methane and biomass production. The decentralized solar electricity generation for heating and cooling is encouraging, too. A very perspective market segment is the realization of waste-to-energy projects through public private partnerships.
Countries with a sea outlet have the opportunity to drive forward the ‘blue energy’ sector and only 40% of the hydro energy sources is developed in SE Europe.
The energy systems transformation will need a new grid that combines capacity for high volume transfers and distribute energy with smart power management.
Investments for improvement of energy efficiency in private and public buildings as well as in industry are coming – the South-East European countries are developing also strategies for zero energy buildings.
The CO2 reduction in transport sector is the other priority issue and in the Region solutions for replacement of the fossil fuels with alternative low carbon fuels are sought. In terms of e-mobility, the South-East Europe is at its early stage and governments are going to stimulate this emerging industry. According a recently research at the end of 2014 in Bulgaria there were registered 497 electric vehicles – 36% more than the previous year and 1031 hybrid vehicles – 61 % more than 2013.
Maya Kristeva: +359 (32) 960 011, 966 813
[embeddoc url=”http://aea-al.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Brochure_EERE_EE.pdf” download=”all” viewer=”google”]