- Full Members are all legal entities, including their departments and branches operating within the energy industry sector.
- Each Full Member shall be entitled to one or more votes depending on the membership category to which it adheres in accordance with the provisions of Status of AEA’s Articles of Incorporation. In accordance with Status of AEAs Articles of Incorporation each Full Member has the possibility to adhere to a higher membership category than described in Status and by paying the higher membership fee corresponding with such membership category for a period of at least one year it being provided that one can increase maximum two membership categories and with an effective date of such higher membership category starting in the year that follows the year in which the request to join a higher membership category was made. The Board of Directors of AEA shall record the membership category to which a member adheres and shall draft a list mentioning for each member the membership category to which it adheres before each General Meeting of Members of AEA.
- Associate Members are all legal entities which are partly or wholly active in the energy field and who qualify on the basis of their activities as: research organizations, quality control and organizations, consultants, governmental institutions or others.
- Associate Members will have the same rights as Full Members as regards to the receipt of information, newsletters, bulletins, seminars, conferences and documentation issued by the Secretariat of AEA.
- Applications for membership must be submitted, in written form, to the Chairman or the General Secretary of AEA.
- The application must contain key-information regarding the following: The applicant’s activities, its organization as such, the main contact persons’ contact details and the worldwide turnover of its most recently ended financial year related to energy field. The applicant must provide a copy of its most recent articles of incorporation/statutes and of its most recent annual accounts together with its application form.
- All application forms received by the Chairman or the General Secretary of AEA are submitted for approval to the Admission Committee.
- The admission of new members is subject to a unanimous decision of the Admission Committee.
- The Admission Committee reserves the right to refuse an application for membership without the need to justify its decision.
- Accepted members shall be notified within 30 days by the AEA Secretariat and informed of the effective date of affiliation.
- In the event that admission is refused by the Admission Committee, the candidate may appeal against such decision with the General Meeting of Members who will take a final decision at its next meeting.
- A member shall only enjoy its full membership rights if its membership fee has been paid in full.
- The Full Members of AEA must pay an annual membership fee determined by the General Meeting of AEA in accordance with the provisions of Status of AEA’s Articles of Incorporation. Associate Members of AEA must pay an annual membership fee determined by the General Meeting of AEA in accordance with the provisions of Status of AEA’s Articles of Incorporation.
- The annual membership fee of each individual member will be determined on the basis of their most recently available worldwide turnover related to energy business field. AEA Board may propose, if necessary, an increase in the membership fees at any time. In special emergencies, the AEA Board may set an additional extraordinary fee.
- The membership year runs from January 1 (or in case of new members for the first time as from the date of admission) to December 31 of each year.
- Membership fees are due annually upon the commencement of each membership year and are payable upon presentation of the membership fee invoice. Membership fees are due in full for each started membership year and cannot be claimed back in case of termination of membership during the year. The entire amount of the membership fee will be due and payable as from the first day of the membership year.
MEMBERSHIP – RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- Members who have paid their membership fee of the relevant membership year will be entitled to participate in and exercise their membership rights at the General Meeting of members of AEA and all other membership rights.
- Each AEA member shall:
- Act in a manner compatible with the purpose and aims of AEA;
- Observe the obligations imposed by AEA’s Articles of Incorporation and all resolutions adopted by AEA’s General Meeting of members;
- Pay in a timely manner all membership fees relating to its membership;
- Keep its constituent bodies fully informed of the work and progress of AEA;
- Keep AEA informed of all major developments in its own company c.q. organization and country, as well as of any changes in the company’s contact persons or their contact details during the course of the membership.
- Inform AEA each year in a faithful manner about its annual global turn-over in energy business sector in view of determining the membership category and the amount of the membership. Upon request of AEA each member shall provide information regarding its annual global turn-over in energy sector within ultimately thirty days following such request.
- Members that have not paid their annual membership fee will not be able to exercise their membership rights, not withstanding their automatic exclusion in case of failure to pay after expiry of a fifteen days notice period.
By submitting this application form the undersigned unconditionally agrees to, in case of acceptance of its membership, always abide by AEA’s Articles of Incorporation and all resolutions adopted by AEA’s General Meeting of members.
TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- Upon termination of membership, all membership rights will immediately and automatically cease, without prejudice to the obligation of the terminated member to pay any unpaid membership fees.
- Membership fees that have not been paid remain due in full for the membership year in which the termination of membership (e.g. as a result of resignation or exclusion) occurred.
- Membership fees already paid cannot be claimed back and will not be reimbursed, irrespective of the date of termination.
- Members can resign by sending a written notice via registered letter or e-mail to the General Secretary or the Chairman of AEA.
- Members can be excluded from membership by the General Meeting of members. Members shall be automatically excluded from membership in case of failure to pay their membership fee after expiry of a fifteen days notice period.