Word of the chairman
All of today’s energy sources that are used globally will continue to be needed in the foreseeable future. Energy, especially in the form of electricity is the basis for the modern society development and contributes to the improvement of quality of life.
Global energy consumption continues to increase, while at the same time there is greater emphasis on finding renewable, carbon neutral solutions for power generation with an emphasis for sustainable development through safeguarding the environment.
Today there is great focus on the next transition, on the expectation or the possibility of a substantial change in the energy mix. What would be the nature of the changing mix? What would drive it? How fast could it come? Or how long might it take? The answers to these questions will have a profound impact on the global energy system, on producers and consumers. Private Business Community is part of the answers and has to be involved at a high level in order to join effort with Governments to implement that energy mix as quick as possible.
The Government of Albania targets other 500 Million of Euros investments in energy sector by 2020 mostly in transmission and smart metering. So far, Albania strategy is to increase production capacity of renewable investment by 37% by 2020 with the startup of new three hydro power plants in Devoll River, and also another strategic investment with gas line TAP (Trans Adriatic Pipeline). We are proud to name our country 100% renewable energy producer.
As an Energy Association, AEA wishes to become “the platform” coordinating and advocating for the business community investing in energy, “the platform” creating partnerships with partners and especially with the Government for a successful Public Private Partnership in energy sector. AEA wishes to position its members as the best local partners for international investors interested to develop energy project in Albania. The success of AEA will come from a hand-in-hand work with the Government of Albania, Development partners, financial institutions, and all stakeholders involved in energy sector.
We thank the Government of Albania for its support to energy sector development through the Ministry of Energy and Industry, Albania Energy Corporation (KESH), Albania Energy Distribution Operator (OSHEE), Energy Regulation Entity (ERE) and many others.
We highly appreciate the partnership with International Energy Organizations, and Private Business Associations, their support to make “AEA” moving faster towards attaining its agenda.
We also thank all financial institutions/banks who are willing to work closely with us and financially support energy projects.
Finally, a special “Thanks” to all the companies members of “AEA”, thanks for your commitment and contribution to develop energy sector, creating jobs, respecting environment and in the end making profitable businesses.
Erlet Shaqe, Chairman of the AEA – Albania Energy Association (01-June-2016)
Profile and Competences
Mr.Erlet Shaqe has an Engineering Degree in Energy and Renewable Energy
Working for years and offering to Albania energy sector different solution for high work performance and best energy efficiency. Applying different academic methods to help Albania academic sector in engineering and publishing researches in engineering.
Promoting types of projects:
a) Applied research and development projects
b) Energy policy analysis
c) Development of energy information systems and models
d) Sustainable investments studies, Technical and economic studies
e) Investments management
f) Promote energy efficiency in buildings
g) Promotion of Albania renewable energy in EU and Balkan
- Ensure effective organization planning. As steward of the organization, we must actively participate with the staff in an overall planning process, and assist in implementing the plan’s goals. We should help management to develop business plans, policy objectives, business strategies, and priorities.
- Ensure adequate resources to provide adequate resources for the organization to fulfill its mission, to work in partnership with the development staff to raise funds from the community.
- Manage resources effectively in order to remain accountable to its donors and the public, and to safeguard its tax-exempt status, must assist in developing the annual budget and ensuring that proper financial controls are in place.
- Determine, monitor, and strengthen the organization’s programs and services to determine which programs are the most consistent with an organization’s mission, and to monitor their effectiveness.
- Enhance the organization’s public standing, articulating the organization’s mission, accomplishments, and goals to the public, as well as garnering support from members of the community.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability, ultimately responsible for ensuring adherence to legal standards and ethical norms
- Recruit new board members and orient them to their responsibilities, and the organization’s history, needs, and challenges. By evaluating its performance, can recognize its achievements and determine which areas need to be improved.
Direct Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org , Mob +355672043806 , Office +35544514700